United Xbox Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 61 on Sat Jun 21, 2014 8:15 pm
Top posting users this month
No user

UXA360.com on

Facebook

New Page 3

United Xbox Alliance

Poll

Did you get the Xbox One?

Xbox Modder's Day In Court Delayed I_vote_lcap0%Xbox Modder's Day In Court Delayed I_vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
Xbox Modder's Day In Court Delayed I_vote_lcap100%Xbox Modder's Day In Court Delayed I_vote_rcap 100% [ 1 ]

Total Votes : 1

Xbox Modder's Day In Court Delayed

Go down

Xbox Modder's Day In Court Delayed Empty Xbox Modder's Day In Court Delayed

Post  MrScrewedx Mon May 07, 2012 4:49 am

The judge had some choice words for the prosecution trying to convict a California man for modifying consoles.

Things aren't looking good for the prosecution as they begin their case against Matthew Crippen, the man accussed of breaking anti-circumvention rules in the Digital Millenium Copyright Act by modding Xbox consoles. If convicted, Crippen could face 10 years in prison.

“I really don’t understand what we’re doing here,” U.S. District Judge Philip Gutierrez told the prosecution, according to an account of the trial posted by Wired. He further criticized the prosecution for wanting to use witnesses may have broken the law, and for claiming that Crippen didn't need to know he was breaking the law to be culpable for the crime.

After the reprimand, the prosecution may dismiss the case, or offer a deal to Crippen in lieu of pursuing a trial.
MrScrewedx
MrScrewedx
First General
First General

Xbox Modder's Day In Court Delayed Uxacpr
Honor : 1523

https://www.facebook.com/danielkinleythompson

Back to top Go down