United Xbox Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 61 on Sat Jun 21, 2014 8:15 pm
Top posting users this month
No user

UXA360.com on

Facebook

New Page 3

United Xbox Alliance

Poll

Did you get the Xbox One?

Xbox One: Reputation System Explained I_vote_lcap0%Xbox One: Reputation System Explained I_vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
Xbox One: Reputation System Explained I_vote_lcap100%Xbox One: Reputation System Explained I_vote_rcap 100% [ 1 ]

Total Votes : 1

Xbox One: Reputation System Explained

Go down

Xbox One: Reputation System Explained Empty Xbox One: Reputation System Explained

Post  MrScrewedx Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:36 pm

Microsoft has outlined in greater detail its recently revealed reputation system for Xbox One, explaining the specifics of the new system in an Xbox Wire post penned by Microsoft’s Michael Dunn, program manager on Xbox Live.
“If you don’t want to play with cheats or jerks, you shouldn’t have to,” writes Dunn. “Our new reputation model helps expose people that aren’t fun to be around and creates real consequences for trouble-makers that harass our good players.”
Your reputation score will ultimately see you slotted into one of three, colour-coded groups: “Good Player” (green), “Needs Improvement” (yellow), or “Avoid me” (red). Where you sit on this spectrum will be reflected on your gamer card.

“The more hours you play online without being a jerk, the better your reputation will be; similar to the more hours you drive without an accident, the better your driving record and insurance rates will be,” explains Dunn. “Most players will have good reputations and be seen as a “Good Player.” The algorithm is looking to identify players that are repeatedly disruptive on Xbox Live.”
“We’ll identify those players with a lower reputation score and in the worse cases they will earn the “Avoid Me” reputation. Before a player ends up with the “Avoid Me” reputation level we will have sent many different alerts to the “Needs Improvement” player reminding them how their social gaming conduct is affecting lots of other gamers.”
Dunn goes on to assure players the reputation algorithm is sophisticated enough to recognize when it may be being abused, confirming you will not be penalized for a few bad reports.
“Even good players might receive a few player feedback reports each month and that is OK,” writes Dunn. “The algorithm weighs the data collected so if a dozen people suddenly reporting a single user, the system will look at a variety of factors before docking their reputation.”
“We’ll verify if those people actually played in an online game with the person reported – if not, all of those player’s feedback won’t matter as much as a single person who spent 15 minutes playing with the reported person. The system also looks at the reputation of the person reporting and the alleged offender, frequency of reports from a single user and a number of other factors.”
“This system will continue to evolve and get better as we track the feedback we get from players and titles, plus add more consequences for the jerks.”

MrScrewedx
MrScrewedx
First General
First General

Xbox One: Reputation System Explained Uxacpr
Honor : 1523

https://www.facebook.com/danielkinleythompson

Back to top Go down