United Xbox Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 61 on Sat Jun 21, 2014 8:15 pm
Top posting users this month
No user

UXA360.com on

Facebook

New Page 3

United Xbox Alliance

Poll

Did you get the Xbox One?

Xbox One will not require an active internet connection or restrict used games I_vote_lcap0%Xbox One will not require an active internet connection or restrict used games I_vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
Xbox One will not require an active internet connection or restrict used games I_vote_lcap100%Xbox One will not require an active internet connection or restrict used games I_vote_rcap 100% [ 1 ]

Total Votes : 1

Xbox One will not require an active internet connection or restrict used games

3 posters

Go down

Xbox One will not require an active internet connection or restrict used games Empty Microsoft changes the Xbox One's DRM policies

Post  MrScrewedx Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:35 pm

By Don Mattrick, President, Interactive Entertainment Business posted June 19, 2013 at 2:00 PM

Last week at E3, the excitement, creativity and future of our industry was on display for a global audience.

For us, the future comes in the form of Xbox One, a system designed to be the best place to play games this year and for many years to come. As is our heritage with Xbox, we designed a system that could take full advantage of advances in technology in order to deliver a breakthrough in game play and entertainment. We imagined a new set of benefits such as easier roaming, family sharing, and new ways to try and buy games. We believe in the benefits of a connected, digital future.

Since unveiling our plans for Xbox One, my team and I have heard directly from many of you, read your comments and listened to your feedback. I would like to take the opportunity today to thank you for your assistance in helping us to reshape the future of Xbox One.

You told us how much you loved the flexibility you have today with games delivered on disc. The ability to lend, share, and resell these games at your discretion is of incredible importance to you. Also important to you is the freedom to play offline, for any length of time, anywhere in the world.

So, today I am announcing the following changes to Xbox One and how you can play, share, lend, and resell your games exactly as you do today on Xbox 360. Here is what that means:

An internet connection will not be required to play offline Xbox One games – After a one-time system set-up with a new Xbox One, you can play any disc based game without ever connecting online again. There is no 24 hour connection requirement and you can take your Xbox One anywhere you want and play your games, just like on Xbox 360.

Trade-in, lend, resell, gift, and rent disc based games just like you do today – There will be no limitations to using and sharing games, it will work just as it does today on Xbox 360.

In addition to buying a disc from a retailer, you can also download games from Xbox Live on day of release. If you choose to download your games, you will be able to play them offline just like you do today. Xbox One games will be playable on any Xbox One console -- there will be no regional restrictions.

These changes will impact some of the scenarios we previously announced for Xbox One. The sharing of games will work as it does today, you will simply share the disc. Downloaded titles cannot be shared or resold. Also, similar to today, playing disc based games will require that the disc be in the tray.

We appreciate your passion, support and willingness to challenge the assumptions of digital licensing and connectivity. While we believe that the majority of people will play games online and access the cloud for both games and entertainment, we will give consumers the choice of both physical and digital content. We have listened and we have heard loud and clear from your feedback that you want the best of both worlds.

Thank you again for your candid feedback. Our team remains committed to listening, taking feedback and delivering a great product for you later this year.

What I think:
Even if this is great news, this is just the first step to redemption for saying fuck you to gamers Microsoft, you still don't deserve my money.
MrScrewedx
MrScrewedx
First General
First General

Xbox One will not require an active internet connection or restrict used games Uxacpr
Honor : 1523

https://www.facebook.com/danielkinleythompson

Back to top Go down

Xbox One will not require an active internet connection or restrict used games Empty Xbox One will not require an active internet connection or restrict used games

Post  AwesomeHamad Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:54 pm

Microsoft has now announced that it's new and next gen console, Xbox One, will not be requiring internet to play games and will not be restricting used games. "After a one-time system set-up with a new Xbox One, you can play any disc based game without ever connecting online again," Microsoft stated "There is no 24 hour connection requirement and you can take your Xbox One anywhere you want and play your games, just like on Xbox 360." Microsoft has also stated that there will also be no additional restrictions on the trade-in of games and/or lending and sharing with friends and that the Xbox One will no longer be region-locked. All downloaded games will also function the same way they do now and that all Xbox One games can be playable on any Xbox One console.

Microsoft's Don Mattrick noted "We appreciate your passion, support and willingness to challenge the assumptions of digital licensing and connectivity. While we believe that the majority of people will play games online and access the cloud for both games and entertainment, we will give consumers the choice of both physical and digital content. We have listened and we have heard loud and clear from your feedback that you want the best of both worlds."

All Xbox Live accounts, achievements, gamerscores, avatar will be able to be carried over to Xbox One, however, any Xbox Live arcade games downloaded on the Xbox 360 cannot be carried over to Xbox One, as the Xbox One will not be backwards compatible with Xbox 360 games. The friend limit cap will also be removed completely, from the 360's limit of 100 friends. Xbox Live Gold members will also receive two free games per month up until the launch of Xbox One in November.

Microsoft's decision followed the mass confusion following it's reveal for the Xbox One, as well as its E3 conference.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ry4gDgbmIqg

Last edited by AwesomeHamad on Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:17 pm; edited 2 times in total
AwesomeHamad
AwesomeHamad
First General
First General

Xbox One will not require an active internet connection or restrict used games Uxacpr
Honor : 19

https://www.facebook.com/pages/AwesomeHamad/286136211406106

Back to top Go down

Xbox One will not require an active internet connection or restrict used games Empty Re: Xbox One will not require an active internet connection or restrict used games

Post  MrRaverX Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:49 pm

so are we also to assume that our live account will be able to jump back and fourth between the 360 and the one ? since the one dosnt have backward compatibility ?
MrRaverX
MrRaverX
Founder
Founder

Honor : 2567

https://www.facebook.com/pages/MrRaverX/201376999935174

Back to top Go down

Xbox One will not require an active internet connection or restrict used games Empty Re: Xbox One will not require an active internet connection or restrict used games

Post  Guest Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:55 am

Well the live account has to carry over from console to console hecause if notthen microsoft fucked up. I sidnt mind the DRM. It was mainly the cry babies that had shit internet that complained. Only thing was they should have increased time for chrcking in from 24 hours to like a week or 72 hours. The ability to play games without discs and all the things they did were groundbreaking and NEW! It's like halo 4. They rushed but they added NEW things which people apparently hate. Then theres Sony and Activision: Cod now has two new guns and a cool menu!!! Omg ya! Out playstation now looks like an eraser. Yaaa! We aren't doing nothing new! Everyone hates on cod but not playstation because fanboys are too stubborn to admit that sony is running out of ideas.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  MrScrewedx Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:51 pm

Shod don't be a bias prick, it's too early for an "all internet breakthrough" because lots of places have shit internet or no internet they aren't simply "cry babies" it's too early in the evolution of the human species to go all internet with this shit. Sony isn't running out of ideas either. I buy disks, because I like to use the disk, I download so I don't have to use the disk. Everything Microsoft pulled was bullshit, but now they're coming back because the console pre-orders were terrible! And it's not even if you agree or disagree with the features they had, both sides of the argument can clearly see it was a terrible business decision.
MrScrewedx
MrScrewedx
First General
First General

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jun 23, 2013 4:41 pm

Sorry that was kinda rude. And yeah I guess it is too early but my opinion stands. I still think microsoft had a great vision buuut, they should have had an option. Drm or No DRM. If DRM is active you get all the special new features and if not you get what microsoft is planning to release now. Or at least who version of consoles. Sony had a great E3 but its mainly due to microsofts "fail". They didnt present their ideas well enough so sony got the win. Sure sony may have added streaming capabilities and upload capabilities with an amazing dashboard or whatever but its nothing next gen. Microsoft tried but couldnt get it right. Maybe we'll see it done right in 6-7 years... :/
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  MrScrewedx Sun Jun 23, 2013 7:13 pm

Sony did add that touch pad to the controller, but I really did want more innovation from the new generation, we're just going to have to wait and see if the generation after this one does anything new! XD
MrScrewedx
MrScrewedx
First General
First General

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down