United Xbox Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 61 on Sat Jun 21, 2014 8:15 pm
Top posting users this month
No user

UXA360.com on

Facebook

New Page 3

United Xbox Alliance

Poll

Did you get the Xbox One?

Xbox Boss Keen For Knights of the Old Republic Anniversary  I_vote_lcap0%Xbox Boss Keen For Knights of the Old Republic Anniversary  I_vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
Xbox Boss Keen For Knights of the Old Republic Anniversary  I_vote_lcap100%Xbox Boss Keen For Knights of the Old Republic Anniversary  I_vote_rcap 100% [ 1 ]

Total Votes : 1

Xbox Boss Keen For Knights of the Old Republic Anniversary

Go down

Xbox Boss Keen For Knights of the Old Republic Anniversary  Empty Xbox Boss Keen For Knights of the Old Republic Anniversary

Post  MrScrewedx Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:42 pm

Whether you think remastering of games is a good or bad thing with rumors of Halo 2 Aniv. and now KOTOR being remastered, it's hard to deny that it wont be a large thing for the Xbox One an PS4.
Microsoft exec Phil Spencer has revealed he's a fan of Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic and is prepared to investigate the creation of an Anniversary Edition of the RPG.
Responding to a fan on Twitter, Spencer revealed KOTOR was one of his top 5 RPGs, alongside Ultima Online, The Bard's Tale, The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind, Fallout and Baldur's Gate. Following this, he was asked if we could maybe see an Anniversary Edition of the game, as we have done with both Fable and Halo.
While he acknowledged potential difficulties centered around developments since then, he also suggested that he was prepared to discuss it internally to see if Microsoft could make it happen.
Jacob Taylor @JacobTaylorN7 "@XboxP3 longshot here,but any chance we could see a KoToR Anniversary?I know its not 1st party,but it helped define original xbox with halo"

Phil Spencer @XboxP3 "@JacobTaylorN7 I like the idea. No idea how the rights would work on that now with all the changes. I'll put a vote in."

As you can imagine, there's a variety of hurdles to overcome. Disney now owns the rights to Star Wars, though presumably EA and BioWare would also have something to say about any potential remake.
Last year, the RPG was re-released on tablets 10 years after launching on the original Xbox.
MrScrewedx
MrScrewedx
First General
First General

Xbox Boss Keen For Knights of the Old Republic Anniversary  Uxacpr
Honor : 1523

https://www.facebook.com/danielkinleythompson

Back to top Go down