United Xbox Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 61 on Sat Jun 21, 2014 8:15 pm
Top posting users this month
No user

UXA360.com on

Facebook

New Page 3

United Xbox Alliance

Poll

Did you get the Xbox One?

Battlefield 3:Aftermath DLC and the crossbow I_vote_lcap0%Battlefield 3:Aftermath DLC and the crossbow I_vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
Battlefield 3:Aftermath DLC and the crossbow I_vote_lcap100%Battlefield 3:Aftermath DLC and the crossbow I_vote_rcap 100% [ 1 ]

Total Votes : 1

Battlefield 3:Aftermath DLC and the crossbow

3 posters

Go down

Battlefield 3:Aftermath DLC and the crossbow Empty Battlefield 3:Aftermath DLC and the crossbow

Post  Akwardturtle78 Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:54 pm

Battlefield 3: Aftermath is the next piece of premium downloadable content for Dice's incredibly popular shooter. However, working out when you can actually play the thing isn't all that simple. Here's how it breaks down:

November 27 on PlayStation 3 Premium members December 4 Xbox 360 and PC Premium members December 11 for non-premium PlayStation 3 owners December 18 for non-premium Xbox 360 and PC owners

Got all that!? Good! We were lucky enough to play the expansion ahead of its launch, and we can happily report we had a thoroughly enjoyable time. Here's what you need to know.

There are earthquakes!
Remember that bit early on in Battlefield 3's campaign in Iran, where an earthquake brings down a building right in front of you? Well, Aftermath's four new maps take place right after that earthquake--so everything is a wreck, the character models are bruised and bloodied, but you'll feel aftershocks during your matches as well.

New maps
The two maps we got to play were named Epicenter and Markaz Monolith, which demonstrated how red propane tanks open doors to tunnels that can be used to sneak around, creating new routes through the map as you progress.

Of course there's a crossbow
Not to be outdone by fellow EA shooter Crysis 3 and its crossbow, Battlefield 3 now has one too thanks to Aftermath. There are four different tips--standard, scan bolt (proximity), explosive (C4) and balanced bolt, the latter of which is a sniper-like dart that can travel on a straight line farther than the standard bolt.

Three new vehicles
Aftermath's earthquake-stricken maps can be navigated in three new vehicles--the Barsuk, Rhino and Phoenix. These vehicles have been modded in a Road Warrior-esque fashion by the survivors of the ‘quake, so they have a more rough-and-ready appearance than the rather pristine vehicles seen in other maps.

New game mode
Scavenger is a new game mode just for Aftermath. Everyone has lost their guns, so you start the match searching around for weapons. When you find one, you only get the ammo that's in it, so you need to keep moving around to find new sidearms. This also means that BF3's class system is redundant, so everyone’s on the same level, making Scavenger perhaps BF3's purest deathmatch experience yet.

Are you looking forward to Battlefield 3's penultimate piece of DLC? What are you looking forward to the most? Let us know in the comment
Akwardturtle78
Akwardturtle78
First General
First General

Battlefield 3:Aftermath DLC and the crossbow Uxacpr
Honor : 210

https://www.facebook.com/smurfsoncrack98

Back to top Go down

Battlefield 3:Aftermath DLC and the crossbow Empty Re: Battlefield 3:Aftermath DLC and the crossbow

Post  capt ian 2737 Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:23 am

i already posted this. look down

Captain out
capt ian 2737
capt ian 2737
Second General
Second General

Honor : 167

https://www.facebook.com/#!/ian.harper.7

Back to top Go down

Battlefield 3:Aftermath DLC and the crossbow Empty Ok....

Post  ClarkUndead Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:40 pm

Aftermath isn't my favorite map pack, I think armored kill was better map wise. I do love scavenger game mode, and think that the xbow was a good idea.
ClarkUndead
ClarkUndead
Second General
Second General

Honor : 22

https://www.facebook.com/nick.clark.1293

Back to top Go down

Battlefield 3:Aftermath DLC and the crossbow Empty Re: Battlefield 3:Aftermath DLC and the crossbow

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down